Hi Andrew, Hi Jiwen,

On 2017.01.26 03:32, Andrew Fish wrote:
Do we have any concern to adopt EDKII patch before UEFI spec change?

I would look at this the other way. This is the only way to implement EBC for
ARM. This work was NOT done as part of the UEFI Form and this edk2 patch is the
proof of concept that it works. Given you can't implement ARM EBC there can not
be a compatibility issue.

I will just confirm that this was indeed not developed as part of the UEFI Forum, and I'll second the fact that there shouldn't be any compatibility issues, as the existing archs are left unchanged, and for ARM, there doesn't exist anything to break compatibility, as you can't currently run EBC there.

Also, Ard, Leif and I have been discussing this proposal privately, and as a result, have identified some elements that might be improved on or altered (but none of which affect the specs proposal). So I will most likely submit a v2. As such, I would suggest that the list treats this patch series as a PoC for the time being (with comments on the proposal welcome), while we confirm that we can get a green light on the specs.

BTW: Is the ERCR submitted ?

I've not seen one.

You'll have to bear with me here, as I'm not familiar with some of these processes. What's an ERCR?

In case it matters, and since I am an Independent Software Developer, please note that I have posted an application to become an UEFI Adopter, and should therefore soon join the UEFI Forum.

Regards,

/Pete