On 07/06/2017 11:45 AM, Jordan Justen wrote:
On 2017-07-05 15:31:20, Brijesh Singh wrote:
Hi Jordan and Laszlo,

Ping.

It has been a while, Do you have any further feedbacks on this series ?
If you want then I can rebase the patches before you commit into upstream repos.

I'm still dissappointed by the APRIORI usage.

As I understand it, you are also dissatisfied with this approach and
you hope to improve things by somehow hooking into DXE Core. Is that
true? If so, can you create a bugzilla regarding this feature? When
would you plan to work to address that?

I think we agree in that this particular use-case has shown the need for
re-thinking
the existing GCD interface. However, the problem we are trying to solve with
this
patch-set is enabling the SEV feature. As it turns out, we can do so within the
existing GCD framework by simply leveraging the APRIORI hook already in use by
OvmfPkg.

In that context, our proposal is that we limit the scope of this patch-set to
simply
enabling the SEV feature, and then allow the 'GCD experts' to separately
propose updates
to the framework.

I guess with that resolved, you could add an Acked-by from me.

In general, it'd also be nice to move the processor features to more
generic places, although that may be challenging if the next step is
some kind of platform hook from DXE Core. Maybe if the DXE Core calls
out to some protocol or signals an event then a driver in UefiCpuPkg
could handle the protocol implementation to modify the page tables.

-Jordan