Hello All,

I was trying to verify the feature "Allow SetData to clear configuration in
Ip4Config2/Ip6Config Protocol" , But SetData returns with Write Protected Error
Status

[Steps followed]

1.       I've taken the above feature changes.

2.       I've a UEFI test Application which call to SetData with DataSize is 0
and Data is NULL

    Status = Ip4Cfg2->SetData (

                        Ip4Cfg2,

                        Ip4Config2DataTypeManualAddress,

                        0,

                        0

                        );

3.       But SetData returns with Write Protected Error Status        // Status
= Write Protected

4.        Faced the same error for setting Gateway & DnsServer

Guess the return is happening from
Ip4Config2SetManualAddress() ->
  if (Instance->Policy != Ip4Config2PolicyStatic) {
    return EFI_WRITE_PROTECTED;
  }

Could you please help on this whether am I missing anything or anything else
need to be done to resolve this?

Thanks,
karunakar

I was trying to verify the feature "Allow SetData to clear configuration in
Ip4Config2/Ip6Config Protocol" , But SetData returns with Write Protected Error
Status

[Steps followed]

1.       I've taken the above feature changes.

2.       I've a UEFI test Application which call to SetData with DataSize is 0
and Data is NULL

    Status = Ip4Cfg2->SetData (

                        Ip4Cfg2,

                        Ip4Config2DataTypeManualAddress,

                        0,

                        0

                        );

3.       But SetData returns with Write Protected Error Status        // Status
= Write Protected

4.        Faced the same error for setting Gateway &DnsServer

Guess the error is happening from

Thanks,
karunakar