From: Karunakar P [mailto:karunak...@amiindia.co.in]
Sent: Monday, October 9, 2017 10:52 PM
To: 'edk2-devel@lists.01.org' <edk2-devel@lists.01.org>
Cc: Wu, Jiaxin <jiaxin...@intel.com>; Ye, Ting <ting...@intel.com>; Fu, Siyuan
<siyuan...@intel.com>
Subject: Re: Different ISCSI behavior when 2 attempts are added

Hello All,

Found the below behavior when I try for ISCSI connection with 2 Valid attempts.

Case 1:
Attempt 1---Enabled(ISCSI Mode)---IP4----Enabled(Initiator
DHCP)---Disabled(Target DHCP)--->Valid Attempt
Attempt 2---Enabled(ISCSI Mode)---IP6----Enabled(Initiator
DHCP)---Disabled(Target DHCP)--->Valid Attempt
EDK2 RESULT:- Attempt1(IP4) connected and shown in shell ,Attempt2 tried but
session does not exist

Case 2:
Attempt 1---Enabled(ISCSI Mode)---IP6----Enabled(Initiator
DHCP)---Disabled(Target DHCP)--->Valid Attempt
Attempt 2---Enabled(ISCSI Mode)---IP4----Enabled(Initiator
DHCP)---Disabled(Target DHCP)--->Valid Attempt
EDK2 RESULT:- Attempt2(IP4) connected and shown in shell ,Attempt1 tried but
session does not exist

Case 3:
Attempt 1---Enabled(ISCSI Mode)---Autoconfigure --->Valid Attempt
Attempt 2---Enabled(ISCSI Mode)---IP6----Enabled(Initiator
DHCP)---Disabled(Target DHCP)--->Valid Attempt
EDK2 RESULT:- Attempt1(IP4) connected and shown in shell ,Attempt2 tried but
session does not exist

Case 4:
Attempt 1---Enabled(ISCSI Mode)---IP6--->Valid Attempt
Attempt 2---Enabled(ISCSI Mode)---Autoconfigure ----Enabled(Initiator
DHCP)---Disabled(Target DHCP)--->Valid Attempt
EDK2 RESULT:- Attempt2(IP4) connected and shown in shell ,Attempt1 tried but
session does not exist

1.       Case1 & Case3 looks fine as 1st valid attempt connected

2.       But Case2 & Case4 looks bit different, 1St attempt was valid but
connection success with 2nd attempt

3.       As we found that IScsiIp4 Driver Binding Start is getting call first
and processing the IP4 attempt first even though it is 2nd attempt

Could you please comment on this whether this is a bug or Not?

Thanks,
Karunakar