From: edk2-devel [mailto:edk2-devel-boun...@lists.01.org] On Behalf Of David F.
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 4:59 PM
To: edk2 developers list
Subject: [edk2] Fwd: timer ticks ?

Hi,

Is there a reliable (always available) way to get a timer tick in an
application similar to the old 18.2 per second timer tick from BIOS.
That one was always there, high speed access (no slow access to a RTC)  and the
tick count is known (to approx calculate intervals for polling and other
things).  In UEFI,  EVT_TIMER may not be supported.
GetTime may be slow RTC access.    It can be a counter only since
machine was on.

TIA!