Hi Laszlo/Michael,

Thanks for your feedback on this proposal.
I looked at the structured PCDs and UEFI Platform Initialization Distribution
Packaging Specification.
Here is my take on these.

1. structured PCDs are good if we want to declare single complex structure.
    But consider a case where I want to keep device information in structure.
(e.g. hardware settings, limitations etc)
    And we may want to tweak this information based on platform revision being
used.
    And different platforms can have different number of such devices.
    In this case, when we want to add a new platform, we might need to
introduce new PCDs in .dec files, which will not be needed for others.
    I don't know, will this even increase the PCD database size for existing
platforms or not ?

2. To mitigate the "hidden" dependency of a module on platform, we can
explicitly declare this dependency in module inf file.
     I am thinking something like gEfiCallerIdGuid, i.e. module can declare
that that platform building(using) the module, supply this information.

3. Using Libraries and Protocols can also solve such use cases. I just felt
that it's less cumbersome to use include files, and it also avoids code
replication.
    Anyway, this is just my suggestion to have such mechanism in edk2 build
process. I am more than happy to stick to platform libraries.

Thanks & Regards,
Pankaj Bansal