(+ Laszlo)

Hello Daniil,

On 7 March 2018 at 01:36, Daniil Egranov <daniil.egra...@arm.com> wrote:
> This is an attempt to add MMIO Virtio devices into the
> non-discoverable device registration procedure and allow
> Virtio PCI drivers to recognize and program such devices
> correctly.

Why? The purpose of the non-discoverable device layer is to make
non-PCI controllers that can be driven by PCI class drivers appear as
PCI devices. We have started using the base non-discoverable device
protocol for other devices as well, but the PCI wrapper is really only
intended for PCI class drivers.

For VirtIO MMIO, we already have a driver model driver, and given that
you need to patch up differences between MMIO and PCI based virtio in
your code, I am reluctant to incorporate modifications in to the PCI
driver to support MMIO devices.

Is this related to virtio 1.0 support?

Also, could you please ensure next time that you cc all the relevant
people? (Please check the Maintainers file)