On 07/17/18 12:02, Ni, Ruiyu wrote:
> On 7/16/2018 11:08 AM, Eric Dong wrote:
>> GetProcessorLocationByApicId (GetInitialApicId (), NULL, NULL,
>> &ThreadId);
>> +  if (ThreadId != 0) {
>> +    //
>> +    // Skip loading microcode if it is not the first thread in one core.
>> +    //
>> +    return;
>> +  }
>> +
>
> Eric,
> Is it possible that Thread#0 is disabled while Thread#1 is enabled? It
> may cause the certain core with no uCode applied.

I thought of this (superficially) but I figured the code would run
anyway at CpuMpPei / CpuDxe startup only, at which point no logical
processors could have been disabled yet -- programmatically, through the
MP PPI / protocol. Is there any other reason why ThreadId=0 could be
missing?

(I plan to check the rest of the series later.)

Thanks