On 19 October 2018 at 13:01, Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheu...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 19 October 2018 at 12:48, Zeng, Star <star.z...@intel.com> wrote:
>> Ok, thanks and got the case.
>>
>> DxeCapsuleLibVirtualAddressChangeEvent may be too late as it could not
>> allocate pool to do caching.
>> I meant registering gEfiSystemResourceTableGuid event group
>> notification(installconfigurationtable will trigger event group) and do
>> caching in the notification function.
>>

> OK, I will create a bugzilla for this.

As I understand it, the reason we require EfiBootServicesData for the
ESRT is because the OS may not care about this table, and so we don't
want to waste the memory. However, if we end up caching the entire
table in EfiRuntimeServicesData anyway [so that the firmware itself
can access it], is there still a point to keeping this requirement?
Shouldn't we update the spec regardless?