Hi Leif,

On 10/31/18 11:59, Leif Lindholm wrote:
> Hi Fu Siyuan,
>
> Hmm, strange.
>
> Ming Huang (cc) has also had issues with this in his latest set (but
> not before). Can you guys work together to try to figure out what is
> going wrong?
>
> Can you start by testing with an older version of git?

this is indeed a git regression. I ran into it myself recently, when I
upgraded git from v2.14.1 to v2.19.1. I dug a little into the git source
code, but couldn't spend much time on it. Ultimately I rolled back the
upgrade.

The diffstats are still well-formed (not truncated) in the individual
patch emails, under v2.19.1, as long as the "recommended" options are
used on the cmdline. However, the cumulative diffstat is truncated
regardless. I couldn't convince git v2.19.1 to keep the previous
(desired) behavior.

"Documentation/RelNotes/2.17.0.txt" has some words on "diffstat".

Thanks