On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 at 01:37, Jeff Brasen <jbra...@nvidia.com> wrote:

> Leif/Ard,
>

>   Any comments on this v2 patch for this?

Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure what level of bikeshedding is justified when it comes to
a driver such as this one, which is very recent, and mostly for
platform internal use. However, I will note that the current
versioning approach permits a *client* of the old SCMI_CLOCK_PROTOCOL
to be built that invokes ->Enable(), which is not defined for it. This
somewhat defeats the purpose of the versioning, since the whole point
is to avoid invoking ->Enable() on older implementations of the
protocol.

I'd be fine with just modifying the protocol, but if we decide we need
versioning, we should not modify the public interface of the old one.
How the driver reuses one implementation to back the other is another
matter, of course.