On Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 02:42:35PM +0000, Gao, Liming wrote:
> Hi, all
>   tools_def.template includes all tool chains. Some are not used any
>   more. And, there is no verification for them. So, I propose to
>   remove them. They are VS2003, VS2005, VS2008, VS2010, DDK3790,
>   UNIXGCC, GCC44, GCC45, GCC46, GCC47, ELFGCC, CYGGCC, ICC, ICC11,
>   MYTOOLS. If you still use some one of them, please let me know.

This sounds good to me.

However, may I suggest splitting this up into several patches, such
that if we need to revert one of the deletions, we would not need to
reinstate all of them.

I would propose:
- One patch for VS20nn
- One patch for GCCnn
- One patch for UNIXGCC, ELFGCC, CYGGCC

I can't really judge what a suitable mashup/split between DDK3790,
ICC, ICC11, and MYTOOLS would be.

On a sidenote, I think Rebecca said at least FreeBSD were using
UNIXGCC(?) since the plain GCC toolchain profiles did not support
cross compiling. I am pretty sure that is not accurate these days -
did you look into that after the community call?

Regards.

Leif