Actually it looks like the the CpuDxe driver is coded to only run if it it is
loaded under 4 GB? Is that following the spec? Is that intentional?

I noticed that SetCodeSelector is coded to use a far jump and that is a 32-bit
absolute value? Note [rsp+4]
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/UefiCpuPkg/CpuDxe/X64/CpuAsm.nasm#L28
ASM_PFX(SetCodeSelector):
    sub     rsp, 0x10