An HTML version is available here:
https://www.tianocore.org/minutes/Community-2019-03.html

License Review
------
The draft of the RFC is out, comments welcome. See details here:
https://lists.01.org/pipermail/edk2-devel/2019-March/037500.html

And V2 is here:
https://lists.01.org/pipermail/edk2-devel/2019-March/037669.html

Please contact Stephano or the stewards directly if you have questions or comments you would not like shared on the list.

GitHub Pull Requests
------
Stephano has taken an action item to work with the Kubernetes community to see what trade-offs and benefits they experience using GitHub. Kubernetes is one of the largest open source projects currently using GitHub for patch reviews. It is notable that a git module "request-pull" exists, and the kernel gives directions on how to use these "git style" of pull requests:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v5.0/maintainer/pull-requests.html

However, it has been noted by the community that GitHub is a much more modern way of doing patch review, hence the continued exploration of this topic. The main blockers are still the inadequate archive of information in email as well as a limited offline workflow. These blockers have been brought up by multiple community members, and Stephano is currently looking for a work around.

EDK II Repo Updates
------
We would like to take a cue from Project Mu and improve the structure of the EDK II repository. In the coming weeks, Ray will be leading a lot of the work in terms of retiring packages or moving them to more suitable locations. The stewards have had these conversations over the past few years, and we now have the bandwidth to start moving forward on many of these efforts. We have already introduced edk2-platforms that has platform specific code. Now we need to start moving all platform specific code to that repo. We will also be working on retiring the edk-compatibility package, as well as removing support for EDK1-style capabilities from the BaseTools. There are other work areas around the emulator package regarding running edk2-firmware as an application under Windows, Linux, or macOS, which would let us retire the NT32 package. Adding platform initialization specifications was intended to replace the Intel Framework content. We'd like to see all the platforms move off of those and use the PI defined interfaces so we can remove them. The goal is that in the end the edk2 repository should be platform agnostic, and only keep a few emulation environments to support future integrations. OVMF and the emulator package will still be integral so that any future CI can check for backwards compatibility against those platforms.

Bug Triage
------
Bug triages began in February. See here for details:
https://www.tianocore.org/bug-triage/

Please join us as we explore bugs and features every 2 weeks.

Groups.io
------
Progress is continuing as Laszlo and Stephano have almost finished their review. Things look promising. We should be able to move to Groups.io for our mailing list solving the attachment and white-listing problems. We can also use Groups.io for document storage and design review discussions / doc storage.

Design Meetings
------
Design meetings are schedule to begin in March. An announcement will go out sometime in the coming week or so.

Thank you all for joining. As always, please feel free to email the list or contact me directly with any questions or comments.

Kind Regards,
Stephano Cetola
TianoCore Community Manager