On Feb 1, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Jordan Justen <jljus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Olivier Martin <olivier.mar...@arm.com>
> wrote:
>> Linaro maintains their own git-svn service:
>> http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=mirror/edk2/edk2.git;a=summary
>
> Andrew,
>
> While I agree with you that git-svn is a great thing for working with
> svn, here is another example of how git-svn is so close, yet so far...

Jordan,

I'm fine if we move to git. I work on git and git-svn projects.

My git-svn thoughts were more about what happens if everyone does not want to
move to git.

I'd also point out there are some nice GUI tools for managing git. I use a
program called SourceTree and it works great for me. In the future I would
guess most of the UI /tools focus is going to be on git and not svn.

So I'd say my vote is:
1) Move to git if we can preserve the metadata in svn.
2) If we don't move to git then publish git-svn instructions that may include a
git snapshot zip to work around the speed problem creating the initial git-svn
repo.

I now realize that #2 breaks a lot of the distributed development features of
git, but it is better than nothing.

Thanks,

Andrew