From: Stephen Polkowski [mailto:step...@centtech.com]
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 4:02 PM
To: edk2-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [edk2] AsciiPrint() and %s

Hello,

        I'm trying to print a simple ASCII string to the console.  I decided to
try
AsciiPrint() from the MDE package.  I started having problems right away.  The
function wouldn't print an Ascii string.  Here's my code:

#include <Uefi.h>
#include <Library/UefiLib.h>
#include <Library/ShellCEntryLib.h>

INTN EFIAPI ShellAppMain (IN UINTN Argc, IN CHAR16 **Argv) {

   char world[] = "world";
   AsciiPrint("hello %s\n", world);
   return 0;

}

        After some digging around, I noticed that AsciiPrint calls the
BasePrintLibSPrintMarker function which defaults to Unicode for %s.  Is this
correct?  The documentation for AsciiPrint in the MDE document states that it
will print a formatted ASCII string to the console.  However, it makes no
mention of the type of strings supported in the VA list.  In my mind it should
be supporting ASCII.  Is this a bug or the intended behavior?

Thanks,

Stephen

BasePrintLib/PrintLibInternal.c:

       case 's':