On Oct 28, 2013, at 4:54 AM, b_b_si...@dell.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> When I try to delete the entry “efibootmgr -b XXXX –B” I get the below
> message.
> requested operation failed: status=8000000000000002
> efivars: set_variable() failed: status=8000000000000009 in dmesg
>
> May I please know what is this error & status 8000000000000002 mean? Why I’m
> getting this error.

In UEFI an Error Code has the high bit set. You can see a list of UEFI
error/status code in Appendix D of the UEFI 2.4 spec.

The edk2 source code is here:
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2/MdePkg/Include/Base.h
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2/MdePkg/Include/Uefi/UefiBaseType.h

This is an 2 is EFI_INVALID_PARAMETER error, and 9 is EFI_OUT_OF_RESOURCES.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish