Hi All,

Can you please clarify my doubts as below.

1) My SCSI controller has Four physical scsi Ports,my assumption was those
ports called as SCSI channel.Is it correct?

2) If the above assumption is correct,Can we say my SCSI adapter is
multi-channel adapter?

3) If my SCSI controller support multi-channel ,my SCSI controller driver
performs the following :

• Scan for SCSI targets on the SCSI channel and create child handles.
• Install Device Path Protocol to each child handle.
• Install SCSI I/O Protocol to each child handle.
• Install I/O abstraction such as the Block I/O Protocol to each child handle.

4) In our EDK2 source code (OptionRomPkg/AtapiPassThruDxe/AtapiPassThru.c) we
have sample code [ RegisterAtapiScsiPassThru() ] to

    install EFI_EXT_SCSI_PASS_THRU_PROTOCOL to IDE channel. Do we have similar
code for SCSI channel in our EDK2 source?

Thanks
Murali.S

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or
privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are
prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and
using or disseminating the information, and must notify the sender and delete
it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability
for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling
code in this e-mail"