On 02/01/14 22:36, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Il 29/01/2014 00:10, Laszlo Ersek ha scritto:
>> Please note though that OVMF code to actually honor this setting will
>> only be written/added once the "basic" S3 functionality is complete.
>> (Which it is not, for the time being.)
>>
>> Naturally, you can try to convince Jordan to implement that ASAP :)
>
> I think the disable_s3 setting is handled entirely in QEMU if you load
> the ACPI tables from fw_cfg instead of building them in OVMF, but I may
> be wrong.

There's a dedicated fw_cfg file for that. In OVMF's own ACPI tables we
already consider those bits (GetSuspendStates() in
"OvmfPkg/AcpiPlatformDxe/Qemu.c"), and we can disable the general S3
machinery in PEI keying off the same.

Luckily, the fw_cfg file in question ("etc/system-states") doesn't go
away even if we download the ACPI tables. (I tested this earlier.)

Thanks!
Laszlo