From: Andrew Fish [mailto:af...@apple.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:28 PM
To: edk2-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [edk2] Duplicate PCDs in DSC files

On Aug 26, 2014, at 9:22 AM, El-Haj-Mahmoud, Samer
<samer.el-haj-mahm...@hp.com<mailto:samer.el-haj-mahm...@hp.com>> wrote:

I take that back, you are correct that the type needs to be one type in the
DSC. Does the build tool actually check that the multiple instances of PCDs (in
a DSC build) use a common type?

My request is to add the (optional) ability to break the build if a PCD shows
up more than once in the DSC

Samer,

I was thinking about the issue of how easy it is to add a file to the .dsc and
to forget to add it to the .fdf file. It is not really an error, like your case
above, but it would be good to know about.

I was wondering if the build log could have a summary section that contained
information like this in an easy to read, and easy to find format. So it could
be a list of .inf files not in an .fdf file (assuming the .dsc points to an
.fdf), or PCD values that have multiple values.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish