From: Tim Lewis [mailto:tim.le...@insyde.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 2:23 AM
To: edk2-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [edk2] DynamicEx and FeatureFlag

Currently the flag PcdDxeIplSwitchToLongMode is declared as storage type
PcdFeatureFlag.

But we tried to change it to DynamicEx. Ok, that works great. We changed the
.dec file to say [PcdDynamicEx]. No problem.

But then we tried to make it selectable by .dsc by making it [PcdFeatureFlag,
PcdDynamicEx] in the .dec file.

Then we get this error:

"PcdsFeatureFlag must not be in the same section of other types of PCD"

While I understand that there are cases where feature-flag PCDs must be
resolved during the build process, this is not always the case and I would
rather I get the error when I try to use the non-feature-flag PCD in the wrong
place. Do I really have to change this to PcdFixedAtBuild?

Tim