> Now for rants...
> 1) Why do so many developers never want to test release builds? To me, code
> is not clean until both debug and release builds work smoothly.
> 2) Why is the NOOPT build missing from virtually every DSC file in EDK2?
> The EDK NOOPT build is most like what developers call a DEBUG build. It is
> the only one setup for source level debugging, at least for Microsoft tool
> chains. The Duet DSC files are missing both RELEASE and NOOPT options. I
> may submit a patch to allow all 3 builds to every DSC file.

Scott,

Historically, if I remember correctly, the NOOPT builds were added to support
Nt32Pkg/EmulatorPkg.

“Back in the day” a NOOPT build would not generally fit in a ROM. But given
folks could be building an option ROM, shell, OS loader that don’t have size
constraints I think you are right in pointing out the NOOPT builds should be in
all the supported tool chains.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish