On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:26 PM, Jordan Justen wrote:
>On 2014-11-12 03:23:04, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
>> SEC always runs, but whether or not SEC depends on TimerLib is
>> conditional on -D SOURCE_DEBUG_ENABLE. If it is absent, then the debug
>> agent is not pulled in (*), and then SEC doesn't inherit the TimerLib
>> dependency, and the BaseRomAcpiTimerLib constructor won't run in SEC.
>>
>> (*) Meaning, DebugAgentLib is resolved to DebugAgentLibNull as opposed
>> to SecPeiDebugAgentLib.
>>
>> Please see
>> <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.bios.tianocore.devel/10859/focus=10897>.
>>
>> Jordan -- can you please go through that message, and see if you agree.
>> If we disagree on points in that message, we need to sort out that
>> first; otherwise we'll jerk Gabriel in different directions.
>
>I guess the biggest thing that struck me as odd was that
>BaseAcpiTimerLib was reading the PCD. Shouldn't that only happen in
>the Dxe version?
>
>Too bad the DebugAgent isn't actually useful for all the trouble it
>causes. :)

In my defense, it was that way when I found it :) The call to
PcdGet16 (PcdAcpiPmBaseAddress) was introduced in commit d3a24ff5
(same one where SEC SOURCE_DEBUG_ENABLE support was added and the
previous version of the global mPmba was removed.

No idea if it works (or ever did), I just stuck with it because that's
the way I found it...

FWIW, it's under [PcdsFixedAtBuild] in OvmfPkg.dec, so (if I understood
correctly during an earlier RTFM session) more like a #define than a global
variable...

Thanks,
--Gabriel