From: Andrew Fish [mailto:af...@apple.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2015 2:47 AM
To: edk2-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [edk2] SEC PPI HOBs

On Feb 27, 2015, at 11:18 PM, Gao, Liming
<liming....@intel.com<mailto:liming....@intel.com>> wrote:

PI spec doesn’t define the clear rule. So, this is not PeiCore compliant issue.
Like Jiewen say, Early PEIM that run before CAR down can consume data from PPI
and publish HOB. It should be platform PEIM, because we can’t assure the
generic PEIM is dispatched before CAR down.

I agree the issue with the spec is it is unclear who publishes the HOB. Which
is why it is not being published today.

Since it is required on every platform it probably makes sense to do it in the
PEI Core, vs. requiring every CPU PEIM to do it.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

Thanks
Liming