On 2015-05-08 15:32:52, Ma, Maurice wrote:
> Ideally I don't want CorebootPayloadPkg to depend on DuetPkg. But on
> the other side I hesitate to duplicate drivers into the
> CorebootPayloadPkg from other packages. If I have to make a choice,
> I'd like the former.

I understand the struggle. It is a tough call, but I would prefer to
duplicate rather than depend on another platform. In our build pool,
we are careful to check package dependencies by only populating the
tree with dependent packages. I guess this makes me think twice about
whether it is a good idea to add a package dependency. In particular,
adding another platform as a dependency seems odd.

> For SataControllerDxe driver, I don't want to duplicate it
> CorebootPayloadPkg again if it has been done in OvmfPkg.

It has not yet been added as a duplicate to OvmfPkg, but it will be.

As mentioned, we discussed this previously. I wanted to get a common
solution into PcAtChipsetPkg. But, it seems that Star did not agree
that this was possible or a good idea.

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.bios.tianocore.devel/9036

-Jordan