> On Aug 14, 2015, at 8:01 AM, David Woodhouse <dw...@infradead.org> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 2015-08-14 at 09:55 -0500, Scott Duplichan wrote:
>>
>> It sounds like the answer is no. It might be worth a build test with
>> those disabled functions restored.
>
> It was definitely failing.... but then again, maybe the GCC build
> succeeded and the MinGW build fails. Perhaps we don't include the
> libgcc functions in the MinGW case? And I got similar failures when
> building with VS2008, just with different function names.

David,

This is an example of what you need to do the DSC to include the ARM the
compiler intrinsics.

https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/MdeModulePkg/MdeModulePkg.dsc
[LibraryClasses.ARM, LibraryClasses.AARCH64]
  #
  # It is not possible to prevent ARM compiler calls to generic intrinsic
functions.
  # This library provides the instrinsic functions generated by a given
compiler.
  # [LibraryClasses.ARM] and NULL mean link this library into all ARM images.
  #
  NULL|ArmPkg/Library/CompilerIntrinsicsLib/CompilerIntrinsicsLib.inf

It is not a full set of intrinsics, just what is needed for the edk2 coding
standard.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish