The most cost-effective method is to roll a die.  (See Deming.)

----- Forwarded message from Grant Robertson -----

Hi All,
I have a client who insist on determining which call centre representative
is the weeks best performer. We conduct weekly interviews and ask
respondents to rate each representative. For some reps we conduct 5
interviews others 1 and so on. Now the question is how do you go about
determining which rep performed best, we combine the two top box ratings. We
have looked at margin's of error for each rep but this hasn't proved to be
useful as you will be unlikely to find significant differences with such
small bases sizes. Any suggestion as to the best method to do this would be
appreciated.

Regards,
Grant

----- End of forwarded message from Grant Robertson -----

--

      _
     | |                    Robert W. Hayden
     | |          Work: Department of Mathematics
    /  |                Plymouth State College MSC#29
   |   |                Plymouth, New Hampshire 03264  USA
   | * |                fax (603) 535-2943
  /    |          Home: 82 River Street (use this in the summer)
 |     )                Ashland, NH 03217
 L_____/                (603) 968-9914 (use this year-round)
Map of New        [EMAIL PROTECTED] (works year-round)
Hampshire         http://mathpc04.plymouth.edu (works year-round)

The State of New Hampshire takes no responsibility for what this map
looks like if you are not using a fixed-width font such as Courier.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in
overalls and looks like work." --Thomas Edison