a)    there is always plenty of work for those who like what they do.

b)    If it's money you're wanting, then you have to be able to do
something that someone else will pay to have done.

c)    happiness comes to those who find (a) and (b) in the same
activity.  Or who do not compromise (a) very much in pursuit of (b).

d)    What can a master in stats do?  to translate to what CEO's and
other money sources understand, I'd suggest you emphasize the technical
issues you can address, and not mention the 'pure' math angle of
statistics.  Or search well for the CEO's who understand the details of
the PDCA loop.

JohnD231 wrote:

> Id like anyones input on the following:
>
> 1. job prospects at the masters level

better than MS in non-data driven topics.

> 2. starting pay

You won't starve, and you may pay off your loans quickly.

> 3. job satisfaction

that's your responsibility, not the company''s.

> Thanks

> Instructions for joining and leaving this list and remarks about
> the problem of INAPPROPRIATE MESSAGES are available at
>                   http://jse.stat.ncsu.edu/

Jay Warner
Principal Scientist
Warner Consulting, Inc.
4444 North Green Bay Road
Racine, WI 53404-1216
USA

Ph:     (262) 634-9100
FAX:    (262) 681-1133
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web:    http://www.a2q.com

The A2Q Method (tm) -- What do you want to improve today?