I think there is a paper by Jim Gauderman on this topic from a couple of
years ago.  Maybe in Genetic Epidemiology, but I am not sure about
this.  If I remember, power to detect such an interaction was horrid for
realistic sample sizes.

Ellen M. Wijsman                        COURIER DELIVERY ADDRESS ONLY:
Research Professor                      Ellen M. Wijsman
Div. of Medical Genetics and            1914 N 34th St., suite 209
Dept. Biostatistics                     Seattle, WA   98103
BOX 357720, University of Washington    (Note:  Use this address
Seattle, WA   98195-7720                 EXACTLY as given above, and
phone:  (206) 543-8987                   use ONLY for courier delivery!!!)
fax:    (206) 616-1973                  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web page:  http://www.biostat.washington.edu/biostat/faculty/ewijsman