It sounds to me like are are dealing with a comparison of four
proportions... Why can't you follow up the initial test with the six
pairwise tests of proportions, using some type of Bonferroni
correction... There's the Holm modification and the FDR procedure, both of
which give adequate protection with greater power than a "pure" Bonferroni
approach...

WBW

William B. Ware, Professor and Chair               Educational Psychology,
CB# 3500                                       Measurement, and Evaluation
University of North Carolina                         PHONE  (919)-962-7848
Chapel Hill, NC      27599-3500                      FAX:   (919)-962-1533
http://www.unc.edu/~wbware/                          EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]