++++++++++++++

Fifth Annual BEYOND THE FORMULA

Introductory Statistics For A New Century: Integrating New Curriculum
Ideas and Modern Techniques into Our Beginning Statistics Course

A Statistics Conference for Mathematics Teachers Teaching Introductory
Statistics

[This conference is for all teachers of Introductory Statistics, from
those teaching the first time to the experienced teacher.  There are
sessions planned for all.]

DATE:   Thursday, August 2, 2001,       8:00 AM to 8:15 PM
                Friday, August 3, 2001, 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM

LOCATION:       Monroe Community College's Damon City Campus
                        228 East Main Street, Rochester, NY 14604

NOTE:  Because of repairs, conference will be held on our city campus.

SPEAKERS:
        Roxy Peck, California Polytechnic State U, Keynote Speaker
        Peter Carlson, Delta College
        Julie Morrisett Clark, Hollins University
        Gloria Dion, Educational Testing Service
        Robert W. Hayden, Plymouth State College
        Jim Higgins, Kansas State U
        John P. Holcomb, Jr., Cleveland State U
        Deborah J. Rumsey, Ohio State U
        Tom Short, Villanova U
        Mike Simpson, Key College Publishing

Visit our website at
www.monroecc.edu/depts/math/beyond1.htm
to find out about the Beyond The Formula conferences: History, 2001
Program Details, Registration Information and Form, Hotel and Travel
Information.

The Steering Committee's email address is: [EMAIL PROTECTED]