Greetings to all!

        Now is when we find out if, in my postings over the last several years
I've made my department sound like an exciting place to work! We have a
tenure-track position teaching statistics (possibly some math as well)
open.  Anybody interested?   Official text follows.

        -Robert Dawson

===================================8x============

SAINT MARY'S UNIVERSITY
MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
FULL TIME, TENURE-TRACK APPOINTMENT

The Department of Mathematics and Computing Science at Saint Mary's
University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the
rank of Assistant Professor to begin July 1, 2001. The successful
candidate will have a PhD in Statistics or in Mathematics with a
strong background in Statistics and will be expected to teach
statistics courses at the undergraduate level. As well, the
successful candidate will have a demonstrated potential for and
a strong commitment to research.  Applications, including a
curriculum vitae, a summary of teaching experience, and the names
and addresses (including e-mail addresses) of at least three referees
should be sent to:

Department of Mathematics and Computing Science
Attention: Chairperson of Search Committee
Saint Mary's University
Halifax, Nova Scotia
B3H 3C3
fax: (902) 420-5035
e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Applications will be reviewed as soon as possible after being received,
and
applications will continue to be received until the position is filled.

In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement
is
directed, in the first instance, to Canadian citizens and permanent
residents, but applications are invited from other qualified applicants.
Saint Mary's University is committed to the principles of Employment
Equity.

Founded in 1802, Saint Mary's has developed into a modern, urban
university with more than 7,500 full and part-time students. (Visit
http://www.stmarys.ca for further information.)

Saint Mary's University is located in Halifax, a port city of about
330,000
people founded in 1749. The city offers 11 business and industrial
parks,
8 major hospitals, 12 golf clubs, 5 yacht clubs, and several nearby
beaches
and resorts. (Visit
http://www.region.halifax.ns.ca/community/location.html
for further information.)