well, we have been having some continuing discussions about z and t and
binomials, etc. ...

now, our group of edstaters is a varied bunch ... but, i would like to hear
from some about what 2/3 settings that YOU think are good examples to start
a intro class on IF the NEW topic is statistical inference ...

the assumption is that UP to this point in the course, there has bee NO
discussion of the desire to generalize from a sample to a population ...
or, no discussion about the desire to be able to estimate some parameter
... and the like

thus, it is ALL new and ... where do we start?

it would really be nice if we could come to some agreement (highly unlikely
i know) about a half dozen examples ... that we would all feel are good
places to start ...

at this point ... don't worry about WHERE these might lead but, only ...
suggested as starting points

AND, having requested that ... also some thoughts about what would be the
2/3 KEY notions one would be attempting to inculcate in students ... with
these examples

thanks

dennis roberts, educational psychology, penn state university
208 cedar, AC 8148632401, mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://roberts.ed.psu.edu/users/droberts/drober~1.htm