In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Jerry Dallal  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Herman Rubin wrote:

>> A p-value tells me nothing of importance.

>It's hard to resist the challenge, except I have to agree (if we
>qualify it by adding the word 'alone', that is, 'A p-value alone
>tells me nothing of importance.')

If you add enough to it, you get the full data.  One
can ask for nothing more.

One can get by with less, and while the p-value can
be an important component of the total risk, it is
not generally even a useful item in deciding what
action to take.
--
This address is for information only.  I do not claim that these views
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Phone: (765)494-6054   FAX: (765)494-0558