Tomasz ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
: I am interested in both finance and survey sampling and I would like to make
: the interdisciplinary analysis.
:
: First I would like to make the statistical analysis based on real financial
: data from the entire population (e.g of companies or administrative units)
: and then plan a sampling survey using computed population variances - I was
: thinking about optimum allocation of the sample in cases of stratified
: sampling design (maybe additionally two stage sampling design). This optimum
: allocation will minimize: (first case) cost function for fixed variances,
: (second case) weigted sum of variances for fixed total cost, and I may take
: some other cases into consideration.
:
: But I am still looking for real financial data from the entire population -
: I would be grateful for any help or advice concerning sources of data.

As just one example, financial data on U.S. institutions of

higher education can be obtained at

http://nces.ed.gov/pubsearch/getpubcats.asp?sid=010

Other U.S. federal statistical data can be obtained by checking the links at

http://www.fedstats.gov/

--
Michael P. Cohen                       home phone   202-232-4651
1615 Q Street NW #T-1                  office phone 202-219-1917