folks ... my understanding is that ... the original poster had 4 item
scores ... based on items from a l of control scale ... that in its
original form was longer but ... this person was using secondary data ...
so, what she had was what she had. now, whether or not these specific 4
items really tap l of control or not ... or whether the longer l of control
scale is a good measure of something or not ... or whether l of control
itself is a useful construct or not ... it seems to me that given the data
situation that this person is in ... i don't see much alternative to
summing the items as a mini measure of l of control ... and then she either
lives or dies given that summation as a mini proxy of the full measure
scores that could have been obtained IF the primary collector of the data
had done this differently

this is a problem with secondary data analysis ...
208 Cedar Bldg., University Park, PA 16802
AC 814-863-2401    Email mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW: http://roberts.ed.psu.edu/users/droberts/drober~1.htm
FAX: AC 814-863-1002