On Sat, 18 Dec 1999 12:00:52 -0000, "Haider Al-Katem"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have conducted a factor analysis on some questionnaire items. The
> dependent variables that I am measuring for example ('Intention To Buy',
> 'Attitude towards a product'  and 'Trust in buying the product from a
> merchant' ) seem to load significantly high on two factors which leaves me
> with a NOT SIMPLE FACTOR STRUCTURE.

 - Hey, two factors is pretty simple, if you start with a few dozen
items ...

> I am assuming that since 'Intention To Buy', 'Attitude towards a product'
> and 'Trust in buying the product from a merchant'  all seem to be some type
> of an ATTITUDE , the significantly high factor loadings on the two factors
> may be justifiable.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. Are my above interpretations of the result correct?

Well, if "not simple" is an interpretation, it seems premature or
impossible for us readers to comment, because there is no content
worth commenting on.  If "may be justifiable" is an interpretation, it
is wimpy enough that I wouldn't claim it is incorrect.

> 2. If not, is there a statistical method that can help me overcome this
> 'non-simple factor structure'?

 And what is goal is "overcome" supposed to indicate?  If there are
two factors, you can provide the outcome of your survey as two
composite scores instead of just one.
--
Rich Ulrich, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pitt.edu/~wpilib/index.html