Hello;

I am trying to write some code which will churn
out a set of values representing the cumulative
density function of the Student t-distribution,
for a given probability and range of DFs.

Can anyone tell me what I should be trying to
code?

I can find dozens of tables which list the values
I want, and dozens of applets which generate the
values I want, but I need an algorithm which will
allow me to generate these values on the fly,
given the user's "certainty".

I need to know which "X value" corresponds to
given "area under the t-distribution".

Any pointers to papers or URLs, would be much
appreciated.

Neil

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.