On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Bob Hayden wrote, inter alia:

> Another tests and measurement issue -- I heard one report on a talk
> show that one facility found all its computers reading 4 JA 1980 on
> New Year's Day.  A y2k bug?  Not exactly.  I noted that one of the
> test programs I used left the system clock set wrong.  How wrong?
> Well, if you did not notice the problem, then on New Years's Day the
> clock would have read 4 JA 1980.  I suspect this problem was caused by
> the test program, not by a y2k bug!

I'm running an elderly Tandy (PC clone) that does not maintain the date.
Every time I turn it on, it asks for current date & time, and defaults
to 01-01-1980 at 00:00.
        I've had no Y2K-type problem (knock on wood!);  only, while it
would accept values like  12-17-99  as valid dates, it would not accept
valkues like 1-6-00 and insisted on 1-6-2000.
                                                -- DFB.
 Donald F. Burrill                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 348 Hyde Hall, Plymouth State College,          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 MSC #29, Plymouth, NH 03264                                 603-535-2597
 184 Nashua Road, Bedford, NH 03110                          603-471-7128