Wolfgang:

The State of New York has published vital statistics in table form for
1995-1997. Here is a reference to one of the 1997 tables.
http://health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/vs97/tab04.htm.
Sounds like an interesting introduction.

Dick

Wolfgang Rolke wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I am looking for information (journal article, web site ect.) on the
> difference in birth rates for boys and girls. Specifically I would like
> to find some real data and possible explanations for this phenomena. It
> seems to me that this would make a great example for an introductory
> stats course.
>
> Thanks
>
> Wolfgang

  This list is open to everyone. Occasionally, people lacking respect
  for other members of the list send messages that are inappropriate
  or unrelated to the list's discussion topics. Please just delete the
  offensive email.

  For information concerning the list, please see the following web page: