Hello:
  I have an ordinal response variable measured at four different times
as well as a 3 level between subjects factor.  I looked at the time
main effect with the Friedman Two-Way Analysis of Variance by Ranks.
That effect was statistically significant and was followed up by
single df comparisons of time one with each of the three other time
points (Siegel and Castellan, 1988, pp. 181-183).
  I would like bring in the between subjects factor now as I expect an
interaction between this factor and the time effect.  Could anyone
suggest ways of doing this with the ordinal (0 to 3) response
variable?  I have already looked at the simple main effect of time
within each group with the Friedman test, but I would like to test the
interaction.

thanks,

Chuck

Chuck Cleland
Institute for the Study of Child Development
UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
97 Paterson Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08903
phone: (732) 235-7699
  fax: (732) 235-6189