i have agreed to post this note, sent to another list, for bill miller ...
i have no connection to this product nor, can i vouch for it's accuracy
and/or usefulness ... but, it might be helpful to some
============
Since retiring I have started a hobby of computer programming.  I am
currently
creating a free statistics package, primarily for student use, called
OpenStat.
It is a "work in progress" but now contains a number of useful procedures
for
univariate, multivariate, nonparametric, measurement and simulation.  I
would be
grateful for anyone willing to download it from my homepage, use it and give
me
feedback as to whether or not it may be useful to your students (and self)
and
any problems you might have.  To download the self-extracting zip file and
install it, simply click the button provided on my homepage, follow your
download instructions and it should install itself in the directory of your
choice.  If you have any problem in installing it, contact me at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] .

My homepage (from where you can download) is :
http://scribers.midwest.net/wgmiller

Dennis Roberts, EdPsy, Penn State University
208 Cedar Bldg., University Park PA 16802
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], AC 814-863-2401, FAX 814-863-1002
WWW: http://roberts.ed.psu.edu/users/droberts/drober~1.htm