Susanne Muigg wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> now I'm about to finish my thesis, but still looking for some literature
> about the advantages and disadvantages of a (student) convenience sample,
> which I had used. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything, even if I've done
> quite an extensive literature search in all big Austrian university
> libraries, in international databanks and via Internet.

I'm not into sampling, and don't know what a (student) convenience sample is.

However there was a brief discussion a month or two ago on one of the stat
newsgroups about what to do when you've sampled a whole population. For
example sampling a years worth of students and trying to infer the properties
of hypothetical populations [what the year might have been like, what other
years might be like]. Don't know if this relates to your problem.

Peter