Paul Thompson wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone know if there are any C code functions or libraries
> available
> (preferably free/on the Web) for doing multiple regression or
> multivariate analysis of covariance (MANCOVA)?

Off-topic for comp.lang.c. (since ANOVA, MANCOVA, and other
statistical techniques have no features specific to ISO C).
Consult the faq for sci.math.num-analysis at
http://www.mathcom.com/nafaq/index.html
You will find a section on statistics - it has a subsection
on software. (I think that the sci.math.num-analysis faq
also serves as the sci.stat.math faq and if so, then you
should already be acquainted with it since you have
cross-posted to that ng.) Some places that might be worth
checking into are
http://www.netlib.org/cephes/
http://www.astro.psu.edu/statcodes/
There is bound to be a useful link at
http://www2.iro.umontreal.ca/~ratib/code/
Presumably better advice will follow when somebody from
sci.stat.math responds.

(To reach me, replace my last name with my first.)
--
Brian Blank                   * barf [ba:rf] 2."He suggested using
Department of Mathematics       FORTRAN, and everybody barfed."