Dear Colleagues,

the term 'on-line survey' and 'internet format.'

By internet format I am thinking of a web site where someone can respond by
pointing and clicking, and the data are stored in a file for import into a data
analysis program.  email is not an essential part of this - we could notify
potential respondents of the web site by other methods of communication.
'on-line survey' means that the survey is completed on-line.

It might be better to call this web-page data collection, and separately specify

procedures to determine respondents, methods from highly controlled to
y'all come.  We could use some new vocabulary here to make important
distinctions.

I was a bit taken aback by some very strong negative responses to my original
question.  It seems that some folks feel they are surrounded by idiots, and
interpret
ambiguities accordingly.  Oh, well.  It does make the edstat list more exciting.

Dale