    BH> ----- Forwarded message from d.u. ----- Hello, I was wondering
    BH> the job prospects for a master's degree in stat, and whether
    BH> jobwise it is highly desirable to also do some computer
    BH> science (e.g., programming languages, data structures etc).
    BH> I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
    BH> ----- End of forwarded message from d.u. -----

    BH> Many of these people end up as SAS programmers.  Lots of
    BH> experience wtih SAS may be more valuable than abstract
    BH> computer science.

And for those that don't learn SAS, the biotech industry really likes
them for playing around with large data sets (the CS/Stat cross is
quite useful for genomics/proteonics, and similar genetic-level data
handling/analysis...).

--
A.J. Rossini                            Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
BlindGlobe Networks (home/default)      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

FHCRC: M/Tu: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812) | Voicemail is pretty sketchy
CFAR:   W/F: 206-731-3647 (fax=3694) | Email is far better than phone
UW:    Th/F: 206-543-1044 (fax=3286) | Change last 4 digits of phone for fax