I need help with the following hypothesis testing question :

"The data processing department at a large company has installed new LCD
monitors to replace the colour monitors used previously. The 95 operators
trained to use the new monitors averaged 7.2 hours before achieving a
satisfactory level of performance. Their sample variance was 16.2 squared
hours. Past experience with operators on the old colour monitors showed that
they averaged 8.1 hours on the machines before their performances were
satisfactory. At the 0.01 significance level, should the supervisor of the
department conclude that LCD monitor help the operator to learn?"

Based on the above question, I have the following query:
1) whether the above is one population or two population?
2) If it is two population - is it independent or related?
3) If it is related - do u think the above sample variance given is actually
the difference in the variance between 95 operators using color monitors and
LCD monitors?
4) If it is independent - do u think the above sample variance provided is
actually pooled variance?

I will appreciate if anybody out there can help me with the above.

Regards,
Sunny
[EMAIL PROTECTED]