alan ... here are a few quick urls about this ... ( i don't know what it is
either but, http://www.google.com ...seems to know)

http://www.freebsd.org/

http://www.freebsdmall.com/

http://www.wccdrom.com/titles/freebsd/freebsd.phtml

http://people.freebsd.org/~picobsd/

http://www.nzfug.nz.freebsd.org/ ... one from new zealand!

At 09:06 AM 11/30/00 +1100, Alan McLean wrote:
>Hi Bob,
>
>What is FreeBSD?
>
>Alan
>

>Bob Hayden wrote:
>>
>> ----- Forwarded message from Ken -----
>>
>> Of course you'll get what you pay for.
>>
>> "Comet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>> > I search a good and free:) sofware of stat
>>
>> ----- End of forwarded message from Ken -----
>>
>> When I installed Win98 on my computer at home it crashed multiple
>> times per day.  I'm writing this on a FreeBSD system that supports
>> thousands of users and crashes less than once a year.
>>

>>       _
>>      | |                    Robert W. Hayden
>>      | |          Work: Department of Mathematics
>>     /  |                Plymouth State College MSC#29
>>    |   |                Plymouth, New Hampshire 03264  USA
>>    | * |                fax (603) 535-2943
>>   /    |          Home: 82 River Street (use this in the summer)
>>  |     )                Ashland, NH 03217
>>  L_____/                (603) 968-9914 (use this year-round)
>> Map of New        [EMAIL PROTECTED] (works year-round)
>> Hampshire         http://mathpc04.plymouth.edu (works year-round)
>>
>> The State of New Hampshire takes no responsibility for what this map
>> looks like if you are not using a fixed-width font such as Courier.
>>
>> "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in
>> overalls and looks like work." --Thomas Edison

>> Instructions for joining and leaving this list and remarks about
>> the problem of INAPPROPRIATE MESSAGES are available at
>>                   http://jse.stat.ncsu.edu/
>
>--
>Alan McLean ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
>Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics
>Monash University, Caulfield Campus, Melbourne
>Tel:  +61 03 9903 2102    Fax: +61 03 9903 2007

>Instructions for joining and leaving this list and remarks about
>the problem of INAPPROPRIATE MESSAGES are available at
>                  http://jse.stat.ncsu.edu/

dennis roberts, penn state university
educational psychology, 8148632401
http://roberts.ed.psu.edu/users/droberts/drober~1.htm