In Excel have a column for Y as the dependant variable and 12 columns
for A..A^4, B..B^4, C..C^4 as the independent variables. Run the
regression tool and it will give you the result you want.

However, when I tried it on the data below the process did not work as
the matrix was singular. In any case 13 parameters is a lot to obtain
from only 18 points and is nearly deterministic rather than least
squares, so I tried just A, B & C as independent variables. This showed
that Y did not depend on B but mainly on A with a small effect from C.
The correlation was 90%.

A second run with A, A^2, B, B^2 , C and C^2 showed Y a function of A
and A^2 only, with a correlation of 95%.

In article <91715h$sbv$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, junk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes

--
David Wilkinson