Dear all,

Paired t-test allows us to exam whether the paired samples (or the same
samples) respond differently between two treatments. The null hypothesis
is H0: mu1=mu2 or mu1-mu2=0. Could this be extended to test a null
hypothesis with H0: mu1-mu2=C, where C is a constant, but unknown.
My intention is to demonstrate that the treatment effect in my research
only affects the shift, but not the shape of the distribution as the
following ASCII-graph. Is this possible?

 #
# #
   ##
 *   ##